13 Inflammation Foods
If you’re trying keep inflammation down, avoid these
Check out our radio show – Mondays 9-10 AM
AM 1150 KKNW, 1150kknw.com, or FM 98.9 HD band 3,
or on a radio app from your smart device
Inflammation foods. Because of the Standard American Diet (SAD), chronic inflammation is a growing problem in the U.S. Why? Because chronic inflammation can lead to a host of serious diseases if left alone. But the good news is that many Americans just like you are becoming more and more health conscious. As a result, you are also much more aware of the problems caused by inflammation. So here is a list of thirteen foods you should avoid.
1. Vegetable oils: Vegetable oils that contain omega 6 fatty acids are notorious for inflammation. Increasing your intake of omega 3 fatty acids help balance your ratio between 3’s and 6’s and support low inflammation levels. Of course, be sure to see my prior post on how to do this PROPERLY. (Nutrients. 2016 Mar; 8(3): 128.)
2. Dairy products:In fact many people are unaware that milk and other dairy products trigger inflammation. It is also important to note that milk is hidden in many foods including bread, cereal, cookies and so on. Not to mention 60 percent of Americans can’t digest milk (which is genetically normal, by the way).
3. Sugar: Did you know there is tons of research out there linking sugar to inflammation, obesity and chronic diseases? Avoid table sugar and foods with added sugar. And by the way, this includes almost all processed foods. (Mediators Inflamm. 2010; 2010: 289645)
4. Processed meat: And by the way, processed meat can also cause an increased risk of cancer. (World Health Organization)
5. Refined flour: Sadly, refined grains are extremely low in nutrients. Not only that, but there is a strong link between them and cancer, weight gain, and chronic diseases.
6. Alcohol: It comes as no surprise that Long-term alcohol intake can cause chronic inflammation and increase risk of cancer.
7. Trans fats: Of course the media has “saturated” the market with information on trans fats. In fact you commonly find these harmful fats in deep fried foods, especially and fast foods. Strong research shows they are strong inflammatory agents.
More Inflammation Foods…
8. Additives: Common additives like aspartame are very strong inflammatory foods. Sodas, diet sodas, and energy drinks contain high amounts of additives.
9. Artificial sweeteners: Research shows that artificial sweeteners increase inflammation, and the risk of type 2 diabetes. See my previous article on this.
10. Gluten: Gluten ruins gut health and promotes inflammation. Avoid foods that contain wheat. But be extremely careful. Many gluten free foods are high in simple carbs. These also contribute to inflammation and type 2 diabetes.
11. Agave: While many turn to agave as a natural non sugar alternative. But unfortunately this is a mistake. In fact, Agave is 90 percent sugar. It has been proven to cause inflammation, fast aging, and chronic diseases. Unfortunately it has been touted as a natural sugar alternative. But sadly, it is pretty much just sugar itself.
12. Peanuts: Peanuts cause a strong inflammatory response in the body. They also contain aflatoxin. Do you know what that is? In fact, researchers use aflatoxin to cause cancer in laboratory animals.
13. Iodized salt: In fact unrefined salt is a better choice because it contains lots of minerals. Iodized salt has been proven to cause inflammation. But make sure you get plenty of iodine from foods like seaweed.
We Can Help
Enzyme nutrition is designed to support your body’s natural ability to maintain normal inflammation levels.
Are you concerned about chronic inflammation? Are you worried about the long term effects? If so, you can contact us one of several ways to set up a consultation. You can reach us on the web, stop by our office in Redmond, WA, or call us at 425-868-0120. Then I will personally sit down with you and talk about your suffering and how it affects your life. I will even do some preliminary testing as well as Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA). In fact did you know that both NASA and Cancer Treatment Centers of America rely on BIA? These tests help me determine if you are a good candidate for care. If you’re not, we’ll make every effort to provide the proper referral.
After many years of clinical practice, Dr. Marrone has forged a remarkable career as a practitioner, educator and lecturer. Furthermore, his extensive knowledge of enzyme nutrition has made him a much sought after practitioner. If you are suffering from health problems that nobody seems to have the answer to, or are sick and tired of the revolving door approach of modern medicine, give Dr. Marrone a call to set up a consultation.